[ardour-users] PKG_CONFIG_PATH?

jim stockford jim at well.com
Tue Oct 25 13:33:04 PDT 2005

%    # holy cow, it's the C shell -- get bash
% /bin/bash
$     # ahh, better
# echo $SHELL
/bin/bash
$   # yup, it's the bash shell at work now
$
$ export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/lib/pkgconfig/examplefile.pc
$    # did it work?
$ echo $PKG_CONFIG_PATH
/usr/lib/pkgconfig/examplefile.pc
$    # hey, it worked.
$    # keep using the BASH shell for whatever else you're doing
$
$    # all done? resume the C shell,
$    # but all the BASH shell work will be lost (better always to use
BASH)
$ ^C # hold the control key down and tap the letter C ONCE!
%    # here's your C shell
% echo PKG_CONFIG_PATH

%    # hey! where'd it go? (lost forever)