[ardour-users] Questions

philicorda philicorda at ntlworld.com
Tue Oct 25 14:11:48 PDT 2005

On Tue, 2005-10-25 at 15:14 -0300, fcoelho76-ardour at yahoo.com.br wrote:
> Hi, I'm a new Ardour user and although I've been
> reading the provided documentation I still haven't
> realized who to achieve some things:
>
> 1) How do I apply fade ins and fade outs in Ardour?

To fade in a region, grab the little fade handle blocks in the top left
and right of a region and drag them.

You can also record gain automation, or edit a region's envelope.

> 2) How do I apply plugins to a selection? It seems
> (by reading the wiki) that one could only apply a
> plugin to a whole track instead of just a fraction of
> it...

In addition to what other people have said, I remember this working last
time I tried it:

Put the effect as an insert plugin on the track.
Freeze the track.
Cut out the region you want effected from the frozen track and copy to a
new track.
Unfreeze the track.
Turn off the plugin.