[ardour-users] how to install latest ardour

Antonio debian at fastwebnet.it
Thu Oct 20 07:18:05 PDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-10-20 at 08:54 -0400, Brett W. McCoy wrote:
[cut]
> I posted a short quip yesterday about how messed up Debian and Agnula
> are right now with respect to the multimedia stuff, including Ardour.
> I gave up (and neither distro has the latest version, 0.99, anyway)
> and removed all of the packages and compiled from source code.
> Unfortunately, this may require you to install some of the required
> packages from source, like Raptor and lrdf, since these seem to have
> broken dependencies right now also.

I've installed Raptor and lrdf development packages in debian testing
(with few unstable packages like jack 0.100 and some qt app) without no
problem. Right now I've all the dependencies installed to build ardour
(although I've not jet tried). I've successful built lash, dssi, om,
whysynth installing the needed dependencies straightforward with apt
(apt-file is my friend ;-).

Best Regards,

  ~ Antonio