[ardour-users] how to install latest ardour

Brett W. McCoy idragosani at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 07:21:47 PDT 2005

On 10/20/05, Antonio <debian at fastwebnet.it> wrote:
> > I posted a short quip yesterday about how messed up Debian and Agnula
> > are right now with respect to the multimedia stuff, including Ardour.
> > I gave up (and neither distro has the latest version, 0.99, anyway)
> > and removed all of the packages and compiled from source code.
> > Unfortunately, this may require you to install some of the required
> > packages from source, like Raptor and lrdf, since these seem to have
> > broken dependencies right now also.
>
> I've installed Raptor and lrdf development packages in debian testing
> (with few unstable packages like jack 0.100 and some qt app) without no
> problem. Right now I've all the dependencies installed to build ardour
> (although I've not jet tried). I've successful built lash, dssi, om,
> whysynth installing the needed dependencies straightforward with apt
> (apt-file is my friend ;-).

I am using Sid and testing... and the issue, I think, is that libcurl3
is broken (which raptor and lrdf depend on). No big deal, though, I
just grabbed the source code and built from scratch... once I get my
current studio project completed, I may move over to Gentoo

-- Brett
--
Programmer by Day, Guitarist by Night
http://www.chapelperilous.net