[ardour-users] how to install latest ardour

Brett W. McCoy idragosani at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 05:54:32 PDT 2005

On 10/19/05, AA <asokanon at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hello all, I am using a stock copy of Demudi 1.2.1 and
> I am going crazy trying to get ardour installed...and
> I havent even gotten to the part where I get to try
> and install ardour.  I am going through the
> requirements as found here:

I posted a short quip yesterday about how messed up Debian and Agnula
are right now with respect to the multimedia stuff, including Ardour.
I gave up (and neither distro has the latest version, 0.99, anyway)
and removed all of the packages and compiled from source code.
Unfortunately, this may require you to install some of the required
packages from source, like Raptor and lrdf, since these seem to have
broken dependencies right now also.

-- Brett
--
Programmer by Day, Guitarist by Night