[ardour-users] jack_fst and gcc4

Shayne O'Connor forums at machinehasnoagenda.com
Thu Oct 13 16:45:26 PDT 2005

Hector Centeno-Garcia wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-14-10 at 07:37 +1000, Shayne O'Connor wrote:
>

>>the best way to use
>>vst's with dssi, imho, is om_gtk ... used in combination with lash, you
>>can save your sessions, too.
>

> Thanks for the information. I installed Om but I was wondering how do
> you insert VST plugs using DSSI? I don't get any DSSI-VST plug listed in
> the Load Plugin window. I have DSSI and DSSI-VST installed.

what is the path to your vst folder? i think dssi-vst defaults to
searching in /home/<username>/vst. if that's not where you've got yr
vst's, then you can just create a symbolic link to them ...

also - as far as i remember, dssi-vst builds - but fails to install -
the "vsthost" script ... this is a useful way of starting dssi-vst
plugins without the overly long default command-line option - you should
merely copy the vsthost script from the dssi-vst folder to /usr/bin ...
you can then start vst plugins with:

vsthost "B4"

or something similar.

but, basically, for any vst plugins to show up in om, they must be
listed in dssi-vst's scanned-plugins directory - which is at:

/home/<username>/.dssi-vst/

shayne