[ardour-users] Jack keeps on disconnecting me

Per Sigmond per at sigmond.no
Wed Oct 5 13:32:02 PDT 2005

Hi.

When loading a big session, I very often get the message "JACK has either been
shutdown or it disconnected ardour because ardour was not fast enough...". On
the console I get "zombified - calling shutdown handler". I normally run jack
with 512/2, which lets me play and record without too much trouble, but I
need to go all the way up to 4096/2 to reliably get rid of the disconnects.
My timeout setting in qjackctl is 10000 msec.

I've done a lot of card-placement switching and pci latency setting with no
real luck.

Ideas anyone?

jackd is 0.100.0, ardour is 0.99 cvs. I have dual P3 1.266 GHz machine and
Hammerfall HDSP PCI.

Regards,
Per.
--