[ardour-users] Testing Ardour on Mandrake 10.1

logic7 logic7 at cox.net
Sun Nov 27 11:06:24 PST 2005

I'm finally getting around to installing Ardour on my machine. It's a P3-700
w/640MB RAM and an Aopen AW744 Pro sound card (has a yamaha XG chipset, and
it's a temp card until I decide to buy another card). I have Mandrake 10.1
installed on the machine. I'm gathering all of the deps for Ardour, but
wanted to know what kind of performance I'm going to see out of it. I'm
going to check it out for sample based music (i.e. Hip Hop), and may record
a couple of tracks of audio with it, but ultimately I'll be playing around
with apps Jack'd to it (Rosegarden is the first to come to mind).

Anyone have any tips on getting this going with relatively few issues?

Thanks

George Jones IV - Logic7/Subject28
http://www.geocities.com/labwerx
http://www.garageband.com/artist/logic7