[ardour-users] vertical scaling of waveform display

prg at ichthyostega.de prg at ichthyostega.de
Tue Nov 22 07:23:52 PST 2005

Hello all,

just another "howto"-question. I guess I am missing somthing very obvious,
but I can't find any way to zoom into the track waveform vertically. I am
aware that I can vary the total height of every track (even using the
mouse wheel, many thanks for that!), but I need a method to enlarge the
waveform display vertically. As I am doing a classical recording at the
moment, almost everything beyond the few fortissimo passages is way down,
so I can see almost no waveform, just some pixels at the zero line...

Btw: is the "rectified display" of the waveform a logarithmic display?

Any help, hints, pointers greatly appreciated

Hermann