[ardour-users] [OT] JAMin guidance needed

Dave Phillips dlphillips at woh.rr.com
Sun Nov 20 05:09:46 PST 2005

Greetings:

  Hopefully this message won't be considered too off-topic.

  I've been recording enough material with Ardour that I can start to
think about the mastering process for an eventual CD. Alas, my
understanding is dim, so I turn to Those Who Know in order to glean
their secrets.

  My current goal is to use JAMin to master three songs. The songs are
not at the same volume levels, so I assume I'll need JAMin to even out
the dynamics so the listener isn't reaching for the volume control on
his playback system between songs. Am I correct assuming that I'll need
JAMin for that process ? If so, how is it done ?

  I've been studying Ron's and Jan's material on the JAMin site, but I
still need suggestions for how the workflow will proceed for my project.

TIA!

Best,

dp