[ardour-users] Is 64 bit dual core supported and stable yet?

Solv (sent by Nabble.com) lists at nabble.com
Mon Nov 14 23:39:09 PST 2005

Hi, I noticed people are using 64 bit with ardour, just wondering about a few things.  I am currently waiting with much excitement on a new system being built for me at this moment in time.  It is a an AMD 64 Dual Core 3800+ with Asus A8N Nforce motherboard.  I have at the moment on my old system being using fedora core 4 and a planetccrma install with ardour without a problem.  I have been told that fedora itself is a pain in the butt for 64 bit at the moment?  Is that true?, and I was wondering if planetccrma had a specific repo for 64 bit support...I couldn't see any specific instructions.  Also wondering if the '.smp' kernel which supports multiple processors would make use of a dual core processor? Is ardour stable in 64 bit yet? Does ardour benefit from a dual core processor as well?  I know I should've probably asked these questions before I got the system....but I wasn't thinking!

Anyone who has any pointers or links to more information would be much appreciated.

thanks,
Andy J
--
Sent from the Ardour - User forum at Nabble.com:
http://www.nabble.com/Is-64-bit-dual-core-supported-and-stable-yet--t554251.html#a1489037