[ardour-users] Looking for Delta1010/envy24control info

Joe Hartley jh at brainiac.com
Sat Nov 12 06:13:00 PST 2005

On Fri, 11 Nov 2005 15:57:48 -0800 (PST)
7lb9oz Productions <viipoundproductions at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hello again,
> If the envy24control application cannot be controlled with midi, then what is the midi channel option for?

What MIDI channel option??

*** Goes and does the Google thing ***

Ohhhhhhh.....   I see what the problem is.  I'm using a Planet CCRMA
installation that is based on RH9, and my ALSA tools (hell, all of my
Planet apps) are not being updated.

There's apparently a newer version of envy24control that can be controlled
via MIDI, and that with the proper programming of the BCF, it'll do
what you are looking for.  My version has no MIDI control stuff at all.

Sorry for the confusion; looks like I'll try my FC3 update again.  I
have not spent a lot of effort on it because my RH9 installation is so
damn rock-solid!

       Joe Hartley - UNIX/network Consultant - jh at brainiac.com