[ardour-users] TAP and CAPS plugin packages for OSX

Jesse Chappell jesse at essej.net
Tue Nov 1 13:32:21 PST 2005

On 11/1/05, Mark Knecht <markknecht at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2) In Ardour I get only a LADSPA tab when inserting a new plugin. I do
> not see any new tabs. (I think I'm being hopeful here. I don't know
> the current expected number of tabs. Should it only be LADSPA, or
> should I see TAP and CAP?

Of course, these are all just LADSPA plugins, no different than the
very ones you probably have installed in linux, so they all show up
together.  However, on OSX we included a VST bridge (ripped from
audacity) that will actually make any VST plugins installed on your
system show up as LADSPAs too.  You won't be able to use their GUIs,
but will get normal ardour generic ones.

> 3) In the LADSPA list I see a number of TAP plugins starting with TAP
> Auto Panner and ending with TAP Vibrato.
>
> 4) I do not see anything marked 'CAP'. Probably these just have
> individual names?

Yes, I included the documentation for both of these plugin sets in the
.zip file, they should show up wherever you unzipped the package, and
describe what plugins are included (and how to use 'em).  But I know
that Mark and documentation don't mix :)

>    I'm still struggling through major usability problems with OS X.
> This is making it difficult for me to think I'm of much help right
> now. Sorry.

I'd like to know more about this, email privately or jump on IRC.
Seems like a few weeks ago you were doing okay...

> 1) OS X + Ardour
> 2) Gentoo + Ardour
> 3) Audio partition

Sounds like a cool idea...