[ardour-users] Help - planning

Jesse Chappell jesse at essej.net
Mon Mar 21 15:15:02 PST 2005

Josh,

 > > how does this work with multiple Delta 1010's?  Or a Delta 1010 and a 1010LT
 > > or something?  I was under the impression that, pending sync with wordclock,
 > > it would "just work"...  not so with different-chipset cards?  Not so with
 > > any cards?
 >
 > With multiple cards you have to write a virtual card device in your
 > .asoundrc file and then set that up as the card being used by your
 > apps. People in the know say it works. ;-)

This in combination with word-clock is your only hope.  I suggest
a message or two to alsa-devel and linux-audio-dev asking if anyone
has successfully done this with a delta and an RME card... (or
even just 2 deltas, which I'm pretty sure they have).

 > .asoundrc.
 >
 > http://alsa.opensrc.org/index.php?page=TwoCardsAsOne

Reference that post in your question to alsa-devel, etc....

jlc