[ardour-users] importing & automation, digital mixer

Jesse Chappell jesse at essej.net
Mon Mar 21 08:46:04 PST 2005

Mark Knecht wrote on Mon, 21-Mar-2005:

 > There was at least some work done to file naming to make this easier
 > for you guys when you get around to it, right? It was the
 > name.L.wav/name.R.wav stuff. It really just came down to having some
 > way, really any way, to tell Ardour to recombine those two files into
 > a single file. (I think!)

Not combining to a single file, but a single stereo *region*.  The files
remain separate. But otherwise yes, it comes down to that.

 > There was some issue that popped up with the use of special characters
 > in the way Ardour was doing this ($ character IIRC) and the fact
 > (well, maybe not a fact...) that it didn't work on FAT32 volumes. I
 > think that for Josh and I accepting data on FAT32 is pretty much a
 > requirement since our PTLE sessions will almost certainly reside on
 > one if it came from a PC-based PT machine.

Hey, you know we changed this very shortly after you brought this to
our attention.  No need to rehash solved problems for the list,
this is how confusion is born :)

 > Anyway, I don't think this will be the most difficult thing you guys
 > have accomplished when you do get around to it.

It certainly won't...

jlc