[ardour-users] importing & automation, digital mixer

Josh Karnes jkarnes1 at austin.rr.com
Mon Mar 21 08:33:56 PST 2005

Mark Knecht wrote:

> There was some issue that popped up with the use of special characters
> in the way Ardour was doing this ($ character IIRC) and the fact
> (well, maybe not a fact...) that it didn't work on FAT32 volumes. I
> think that for Josh and I accepting data on FAT32 is pretty much a
> requirement since our PTLE sessions will almost certainly reside on
> one if it came from a PC-based PT machine.

Not really for me...  I'm going to demand everything comes in on a DVD.

Either that or one-song-per-CD.

We'll copy the files on the hd of the machine we're doing the work on.

Basically we're looking at business model kind of stuff, and we have a very
good mixdown environment and an accomplished mix engineer, so we would like
to try and attract some mixdown business but we have to get over this
technical hurdle.  I think from a business perspective we can define some
things about how we accept projects, but it needs to be reasonable.  If we
can say we accept projects on DVD or one-song-per-CD projects with AAF
files, and then we smooth out our ability to import AAF into Ardour then we
can stabilize our systems without having to really spend much time in
Windows.  Mostly I'd like to wean our mix engineer off of Windows!