[ardour-users] To and from Ardour

Chris Reisor creisor at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 13:14:37 PDT 2005

On 6/3/05, Josh Karnes <jkarnes1 at austin.rr.com> wrote:

> They ask.  Usually like "are you running Pro Tools?"  Then it goes like
> this, we answer "no, we are using Ardour..."  "what's that"  "well it runs
> on Linux and ..."  "oh, thanks, we'll be in touch".  OR "no, we're using
> Nuendo" "oh, isn't that what the Dixie Chicks producer used for their last
> record" "yeah" "great!"

I'm only chiming in because I cringe to think of supporting Windows 98...

When they ask "are you running Pro Tools," just say "yes."  How are
they going to know the difference?

I'm sure the typical office worker wouldn't know the difference if you
replaced MS Word with OpenOffice and told them it was an upgrade.

--chris