[ardour-users] Several troubles...

Wolfgang Woehl tito at rumford.de
Thu Jul 28 07:21:11 PDT 2005

> >> I have track1 which sended (before fader) to bus1. When I solo
> >> track2, bus1 still sounding. I must manual mute track1 for
> >> silence... Is this right?
> >
> >Yes. No. Yes. Err.
>
> What do you mean?

I'm not sure what a model that integrates software and physical domains
would do. Your bus can go back into the ardour mixer. But it can also
go out to a physical device (Mixer whatever) and it is not entirely
clear to me how the bus should behave to make all of us happy.
Can someone who really knows explain why the current bus behaviour would
be right?

> automation waveform must reflect "true" waveform of track as
> summation of all regions. Or why need it in general on automation
> ribbon???

Do you mean "ghost waveform" where the automation is imposed upon? I
don't even have ghost waveforms anymore. Wonder why.

Wolfgang