[ardour-users] Several troubles...

Oleg Ivanenko oai-ash at yandex.ru
Thu Jul 28 07:46:49 PDT 2005

>I'm not sure what a model that integrates software and physical domains
>would do. Your bus can go back into the ardour mixer. But it can also
>go out to a physical device (Mixer whatever) and it is not entirely
>clear to me how the bus should behave to make all of us happy.
>Can someone who really knows explain why the current bus behaviour would
>be right?

I think so: bus1 is dependant from track1 and if track1 is muted (as result of soloing of another track, track2) then bus1 should be muted too. Is'nt it?
But stop... another tracks, include track2 may be connected to bus1 and its shouldn't be muted. In that case, output of SEND which connect track1 and bus1 must be muted.

>> automation waveform must reflect "true" waveform of track as
>> summation of all regions. Or why need it in general on automation
>> ribbon???
>
>Do you mean "ghost waveform" where the automation is imposed upon? I
>don't even have ghost waveforms anymore. Wonder why.

"Ghost waveform"? I mean waveform that viewed behind od automation curve (lines and nodes) on automation ribbon. It's reflect real waveform of track regions normally. I may post screen shot with this kind of ardour waveform if it needed.

--
Truly yours, Oleg Ivanenko aka Ash
[Все это было бы смешно, когда бы не было так грустно]