[ardour-users] Several troubles...

Oleg Ivanenko oai-ash at yandex.ru
Thu Jul 28 06:58:00 PDT 2005

>Trouble 1.
> > I have track1 which sended (before fader) to bus1. When I solo
> > track2, bus1 still sounding. I must manual mute track1 for silence...
> > Is this right?
>

>Hi
>Make sure you have set the master out correctly I find most problems i
>have with this are from the master outputs.
>I find it easier to draw the whole gain stage on paper and work through it..
>same when you are mastering in JAmin, you must make sure what you are
>hearing is the output of jamin and not some tracks from Ardour.

Simply try to reproduce this situation independently.

>To hear it sound wrong listen to the first take here where
>I did just this!!
>
>http://www.hearmymusic.co.uk
>
>The last master was just Jamin back to Ardour with the outputs disabled
>in ardour.
>
>Personally I have come to the conclusion that for mastering you should
>start with no connections at all in ardour and build your own.
>I find it faster..
>
>cheers
>Bob

Hmm...
I'm make guitar music.
Record one mono track and make pseudo stereo with some buses and ladspa plugins. Then join channels of one instrument at one stereo bus -- for common volume control (and other automation) that instrument. Hook ladspa plugins on that bus if I need. Then join similar buses in to the master bus. And mix it. I don't touch master fader at all -- simply check that the maximum level in muster bus did not exceed 0db. Then export mix into wav file, import it into another session of ardour, connect it to jamin... Let's add a few magics with compressors and equalizer... and retrieve result -- http://muzik.agnula.org/view.php?view=track&id=1561

ardour, hydrogen and jamin -- three whales on which music in linux keeps :)
Thanks developers!

--
Truly yours, Oleg Ivanenko aka Ash
[Все это было бы смешно, когда бы не было так грустно]