[ardour-users] Several troubles...

Bob fsmith at walescomputers.co.uk
Thu Jul 28 05:29:02 PDT 2005

Trouble 1.
 > I have track1 which sended (before fader) to bus1. When I solo
 > track2, bus1 still sounding. I must manual mute track1 for silence...
 > Is this right?

Hi
Make sure you have set the master out correctly I find most problems i
have with this are from the master outputs.
I find it easier to draw the whole gain stage on paper and work through it..
same when you are mastering in JAmin, you must make sure what you are
hearing is the output of jamin and not some tracks from Ardour.

To hear it sound wrong listen to the first take here where
I did just this!!

http://www.hearmymusic.co.uk

The last master was just Jamin back to Ardour with the outputs disabled
in ardour.

Personally I have come to the conclusion that for mastering you should
start with no connections at all in ardour and build your own.
I find it faster..

cheers
Bob