[ardour-users] Re: ICE1712 Problems -

Mike Fisher mrfisher_1 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 22 23:54:40 PDT 2005

Sorry it took so long to respond.

I installed jack 0.99.0 using 'emerge' in genotoo.  I activated the jack-tmpfs and capabilities flags too.

I actually did get this thing running pretty good. It runs at 96KHz with no xruns (as long as the buffer size is at least 1024).  The only problem I'm having now, is that after recording and exporting, i get xruns consistently.  To be exact I'm recording at vocals at 882000.  After 3 takes of a song I start getting the xruns.  This also happens when I export anything besides a single region.

Any Ideas on this one?

Mike.

Paul Davis <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com> wrote:
On Mon, 2005-07-18 at 13:24 -0700, Mike Fisher wrote:
> First, I didn't abandon my existing setup, it's on
> another hard drive. I won't do that until I have a
> reliable system running under linux. I'm still
> getting the things done I need to with pro tools, just
> not as quickly because I spend lots of time trying to
> figure out the Linux setup.

OK, understood.

> I just really, really
> want to use linux. I installed jack from tarball. I
> don't even know what -i4 or -o4 is, but I'm guessing
> it's from selecting 4 inputs and 4 outputs from the
> qjackctl setup menu.

no reason to select this. and in fact, doing so is causing you problems
because the "hw:0" device cannot support this (it only allows
configurations supported by the hardware itself, which in this case does
not include 4in/4out; it would appear).

> I get 'hundereds of xruns' while
> in realtime mode. It was checked in qjackctl anyway
> and the little 'RT' appears in the display window.

yes, but the errors on startup suggest that you are not getting into RT
mode. i am suprised to hear that qjackctl is displaying "RT" given the
errors you've posted.

how did you install JACK?

--p

(it would have been better to leave this going to the mailing list as
well ...)

http://mail.yahoo.com