[ardour-users] Ardour Tips and Tricks

Stephen Dr_Steve at aanet.com.au
Wed Jul 13 18:51:58 PDT 2005

Hey guys,

I'm hoping to record a demo for band in the next couple of weeks. We are
on a tight schedule as I'm going to the US (I'm from Australia) for 4
weeks in August/September and would ideally like it done before then. I
was just wondering if anyone would care to share their experinece with me
to ensure that the recording process is as smooth as possible -
specifically in handling Ardour to make sure things don't fall appart on
me. I'm Running a Planet CCRMA system, with the low latency kernal. I have
an Athlon 1700XP, a Hoontech C-port (i.e., using the envy24control mixer),
at the moment only 256mb of ram (which I'm hoping to change to 1 gig
before I start). I have a separate 80 gig Maxtor (ATA 133 with 8mb buffer)
internal hard drive for Audio (which is fat32). Looking forward to some
comments!

Thanks heaps,
Stephen