[ardour-users] Ardour zombifies when idling (after playback with freeverb plugin)

intent at netpratique.fr intent at netpratique.fr
Fri Jan 21 10:39:04 PST 2005

On vendredi 21 Janvier 2005 16:33, Tom Szilagyi wrote:

> > Using the TAP reverb plugin instead of freeverb is OK.  This isn't a
> > denormal problem, is it?  I haven't seen anything on any of the lists
> > about CMT freeverb having problems in general.    It's funny that the
> > problem occurs when ardour is just sitting there doing nothing.   Also:
> > I can use freeverb in Muse/Rosegarden etc. and it seems OK.
>
> Denormal problems are usually quite machine-dependent, so I can
> imagine that nobody ran into it with freeverb before.

I just want to add that for unknown reasons "freeverb3" doesn't work well
under mandrake 10.0 and 10.1. Albeit there is no denormal problem when you
use it, you simply cannot change the values, the sliders have no effect in
ardour and may stay silent with other hosts.  I am cc'ing it to the author.

I used freeverb3 without problem before that...

Mandrake10.1 uses gcc v3.4.1

L.