[ardour-users] undefined symbol: jack_client_open

Wolfgang Woehl tito at rumford.de
Thu Feb 10 11:41:48 PST 2005

Kevin Cosgrove <kevinc at doink.com>:

> /usr/bin/ardourx: symbol lookup error:
> /usr/lib/ardour/libardour.so.0: undefined symbol: jack_client_open

libardour doesn't find the jack libraries. You need an appropriate
jack.thac.rpm. Don't bother with beta25 though. It was "cancelled" and
ardourites were told to hang on for beta26.

You know what I would love to know? Who or what is "thac"? Is it a
machine? Does anyone know :?

> P.S.: One of these days I need to learn how to set up CVS on my
>  system.

Worth every minute you put into it. Start a new thread so we can collect
tips and caveats. All in all it's fairly trivial.

Wolfgang