[ardour-users] undefined symbol: jack_client_open

Kevin Cosgrove kevinc at doink.com
Thu Feb 10 09:48:32 PST 2005

Hi,

I thought I'd try ardour-0.9beta25-1.mdk10.1.thac.i586.rpm and used
urpmi on my Mandrake 10.1 system to install that, which also required
ardour-pixmaps-0.9beta25-1.mdk10.1.thac.i586.rpm and
libardour0-0.9beta25-1.mdk10.1.thac.i586.rpm.  When I start ardour
now I get this, note the error on the last line:

Ardour/GTK 0.9beta25
   (built using 0.571.1 with libardour 0.867.0)
Copyright (C) 1999-2005 Paul Davis
Some portions Copyright (C) Steve Harris, Ari Johnson, Brett Viren, Joel Baker
Ardour comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
under certain conditions; see the source for copying conditions.
/usr/bin/ardourx: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/ardour/libardour.so.0: undefined symbol: jack_client_open

This could simply be an issue of RPM building and packaging.  But, in
case it's an Ardour thing I thought I'd mention it.

I'm going to back up to the version I had been using,
ardour-0.9-0.beta10.2.1mdk.i586.rpm from the Mandrake 10.1 contribs.

Cheers....

P.S.:	One of these days I need to learn how to set up CVS on my
	system.

--
Kevin