[ardour-users] playback and capture sample rates do not match (44100 vs. 44099)

Kevin Cosgrove kevinc at doink.com
Sat Feb 5 11:42:16 PST 2005

On 5 February 2005 at 7:26, Mark Knecht <markknecht at gmail.com> wrote:

> No, the card only has one rate. The same crystal is used for both. I
> don't know where these numbers are coming from but they aren't real.

The numbers come from jackd when jackd starts up.  The exact message
from jackd is in the subject line of this message.

> He may have recorded at 44101HZ, and you may be recording at 44099HZ,

My example of recording one two systems was only for illustrative
purposes to another list member who mentioned that differing clock
rates don't matter.

> Nothing to worry about, except for why some piece of software is
> giving you bogus numbers.

OK, I'll not distrust jackd on this matter.

Thanks....

--
Kevin