[ardour-users] Ardour & BCF2000 USB control surface

Phil Frost indigo at bitglue.com
Fri Dec 30 13:15:31 PST 2005

On Fri, Dec 30, 2005 at 08:06:02AM -0800, Mike Fisher wrote:
> I was just wondering, is it possible to use say,  three BCF2000s at
> the same time with ardour.  Or better yet, is  there another control
> surface that is bigger that will work with ardour
>
>   Mike

Sure it's possible. All that is required is for each controller number
and channel combination to be unique. MIDI has 16 channels, and 127
controller numbers, yielding 2032 unique combinations.

On the setup I use, each set of controls on the bcf2000 (associated
fader, knob, buttons, etc) is on a different channel, 1-8 (i think this
is factory preset 2). An easy way to add another would be the same
controller numbers on channels 9-16.