[ardour-users] Ardour & BCF2000 USB control surface

Mike Fisher mrfisher_1 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 30 08:06:02 PST 2005

I was just wondering, is it possible to use say,  three BCF2000s at the same time with ardour.  Or better yet, is  there another control surface that is bigger that will work with ardour

  Mike

Kevin Cosgrove <kevinc at doink.com> wrote:
On 27 December 2005 at 0:38, Jesse Chappell  wrote:

> On 12/26/05, Joe Hartley  wrote:
> > On Sun, 25 Dec 2005 08:11:12 -0700
> > Steve D  wrote:
> >
> > > So, powering-up and attaching the BCF2000 before launching Ardour does
> > > not seem to work (Ardour is unresponsive to the control-button2click
> > > MIDI controller assignment, and qjackctl refuses to allow the
> > > connection), but launching Ardour first, and then turning on and
> > > plugging in the BCF2000 seems to work fine.
> >
> > This happens to me, too, using any version of ardour or qjackctl on a
> > Planet CCRMA (RH9-based) machine.  Power-cycling the BCF fixes the problem.
>
> I believe this might have something to do with ardour itself capturing
> the raw midi device in some way that prevents alsaseq from using it.
> Look in your ~/.ardour/ardour.rc near the top and remove the other
>  lines where the type *isn't*  "alsa/sequencer".

But, what's a person to do if the type is "alsa/raw" and there is
actually a soundcard's MIDI port associated with it?  That would be
my case, in the event I buy a BCF2000 someday -- they seem very cool.

Thanks...

--
Kevin