[ardour-users] m-audio delta lowdown

Phil Frost indigo at bitglue.com
Sat Dec 17 17:45:17 PST 2005

On Sun, Dec 18, 2005 at 12:28:47PM +1100, nicholas manojlovic wrote:
> whats the lowdown on the delta range of cards?
>
> the delta 44 seems like an okay choice for my needs, but maybe a little
> limiting if I was looking to expand.
>
> the 66 seems superfluous to my needs.
> the 1010 is too expensive.
>
> what about the delta 1010lt? Is it the same as the 1010 but without the
> box? if I also got a 8 or 16 channel mixer (I need one anyway) would I
> be able to hook them up directly?  ie, rca jacks of my mixer connected
> to rca cables on 1010lt?  or does it not work like that?
>
> anyone got any ideas?
>
> cheers
> niko

I have the 1010, which is the same as the 1010lt except it has the
breakout box. Supposedly having the a/d converters in a separate box
improves the signal:noise ratio. It also is much easier to reach.

Personally I wouldn't get a mixer, since the 1010(lt) has a DSP in it
that can mix any of the inputs and outputs, and send the mixdown to the
first 2 outputs or spdif out. If you did get one then yeah, you could
use it. You can probably get the manual on m-audio's site, and within
they describe such a configuration.

I'm quite satisified with the 1010 so far, although I've had it only for
about a month. I can get the latency down to 1.3 ms, and I'd say the
recording quality is "good", although I can't claim to have much
experience evaluating these things.