[ardour-users] How to cut out segments in CD-arranged recording?

Jesse Chappell jesse at essej.net
Fri Dec 2 12:21:16 PST 2005

On 12/2/05, greennick (sent by Nabble.com) <lists at nabble.com> wrote:
>  Yeah, cdrdao doesn't do that (cut out segments) - what DOES happen is sort
> of cool in its own right - the whole thing is one audio piece and it all
> makes it to disc, but the track divisions get put where the ranges are, and
> the rest goes into the pre-track gaps:  i.e. those negative seconds (i.e.
> -00:13) you see only if you play the CD through, track to track.  And for
> the record, I DO want those as well, since I'm doing a live album, and the
> pre-track space is the perfect spot for charming audience chatter, but I
> don't want to keep the 10-minute gap I currently have between sets.

OK, I think you're going to have to export multiple files (with
multiple tocs) and hand edit them together into one TOC.  Or you could
just export multiple files of the parts you want and use gcdmaster to
do the dirty work for you.  Ardour's abilities just aren't cool enough
for what you want yet.   But I would like to see the TOC for the
example you cite above, could you forward it at least to me?

jlc