[ardour-users] How to cut out segments in CD-arranged recording?

greennick (sent by Nabble.com) lists at nabble.com
Fri Dec 2 11:16:17 PST 2005

Yeah, cdrdao doesn't do that (cut out segments) - what DOES happen is sort of cool in its own right - the whole thing is one audio piece and it all makes it to disc, but the track divisions get put where the ranges are, and the rest goes into the pre-track gaps:  i.e. those negative seconds (i.e. -00:13) you see only if you play the CD through, track to track.  And for the record, I DO want those as well, since I'm doing a live album, and the pre-track space is the perfect spot for charming audience chatter, but I don't want to keep the 10-minute gap I currently have between sets.

Good thinking though, thanks.
--
Sent from the Ardour - User forum at Nabble.com:
http://www.nabble.com/How-to-cut-out-segments-in-CD-arranged-recording--t661820.html#a1758228