[ardour-users] Ardour needs a forum

Per Thomas Jahr perja at extern.uio.no
Tue Aug 30 07:28:10 PDT 2005

On Tue, 2005-08-30 at 07:02 -0600, D. R. Evans wrote:

> > If one is looking for info on something it is very
> > difficult to find. One has to search thru a mass of
> > mail archives. It's a daunting task.
>
> I don't understand this statement. "Search Messages..." works fine in TB.
> Something equivalent is available in any decent e-mail client. Perhaps I am
> missing the point somehow?

Well, I don't usually keep all the emails from the lists I subscribe to.
Is it common practice to do that? I agree with you that it's nice to use
an email client for searching, but it requires that your store
everything yourself.

Maybe a newsgroup (usenet) is better? I can access that from my email
client too.

--
Per Thomas