[ardour-users] Ardour needs a forum

Brett W. McCoy idragosani at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 07:16:55 PDT 2005

On 8/30/05, Mark Knecht <markknecht at gmail.com> wrote:

>    Other than that I really prefer email to forums. Lots of topics
> come across my screen that I'm only thinking about a little bit and it
> turns out someone has the same problem/interest as I do. A good email
> title does a lot to get my attention!

I'm with you, Mark, I far prefer email lists to having to wade through
web-based forums... too much clicking and back and forth...

I recently started using gmail for all of my mailing list stuff...
it's very useful for organizing and searching, and you can easily
label lists and topics, and it preserves the 'conversation' aspects of
a list thread.  I know it's not for everyone, but gmail does provide a
happy medium (and you can use it with a POP client also).

-- Brett
--
Programmer by Day, Guitarist by Night
http://www.chapelperilous.net