[ardour-users] Ardour: undefined symbol error

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Fri Aug 5 07:08:23 PDT 2005

On Fri, 2005-08-05 at 08:58 -0500, Golden Debiase wrote:
> Binary package?  Is this bad or good?  Is there another preferred

binary packages are neither good nor bad. they are more convenient for
many people, nothing more or less.

> version I should be running?  I ugraded jack to version 0.99 (couldn't
> find 0.100) and I get the same error message.

0.100 has not been out for very long. however, whoever built your
version of ardour already had it installed (for example, they were using
a development pre-release version of JACK). this was the wrong thing for
them to do. they have ended up releasing a package of ardour that
doesn't work with JACK 0.99, apparently without releasing a version of
JACK that will work.

> Or should I stop wasting my time and try to get ardour running on a
> supported linux os like fedora or debian?

if you are going to use packages, you have to be able to rely on the
package maintainers.

--p