[ardour-users] Region "Bounce" Menu Item

vanDongen/Gilcher gml at xs4all.nl
Thu Apr 28 02:05:54 PDT 2005

On Wednesday 27 April 2005 20:51, Neil Klepeis wrote:
> Thanks Gerard,
>
> Now I see that files named, for example, Vocal-0-bounce-1.wav have been
> created in the "sounds" directory.  I just import them as a region and
> insert into a track.  But if the original file was single channel, then
> so is the new file, even though mono-to-stereo plugins may have been
> applied.

Like I wrote, it is still buggy.
It is a design problem really. The idea is to replace the original region with
a "mixed" version. But if the plugins make it stereo, it won't fit in a mono
track. So what to do?
Ideally you would get a popup with something like the following message and
"the bounce you are creating has more (less) channels than the track it is in
 do you want to:
 a)mix them together
 b)use only channels x-z
 c)don't add the bounce to this track, but add it to the region list
 d)cancel
"

I very much doubt that I will get around to implementing this for ardour-V1.0
But I will try to make it work like one of the options a) or c).

Which one would make the most sense as a default?
Note that you can get any of the other options by making a range selection and
doing an "export range" with appriopate output selection and then importing.

Gerard