[ardour-users] exporting tracks?

Wolfgang Woehl tito at rumford.de
Tue Apr 26 01:08:18 PDT 2005

Kevin Cosgrove <kevinc at doink.com>:
> On 20 April 2005 at 20:50, Kevin Cosgrove <kevinc at doink.com> wrote:
> > I just tried to export a stereo track from one of my ardour
> > sessions. Export is 44.1kHz stereo WAV.  It looks like it started
> > working at least since I do have a file of the right type and name
> > where I told ardour to export.  But, my load average is above 8
> > now, and it's been maybe 10 minutes since exporting 5 minutes of
> > track.

These are symptoms I've never seen. Export does have problems though
(Loosing realtime capabilities) but they show only after exporting.
Could be your jackd setup. Could be a nasty plugin even. Latest beta is
29 so try that first.

> In the ardour-users archive from last November I found:
> > Greetings:
> >
> >   When I try to export a session to WAV Ardour quietly freezes and
> > dies. Is this happening to anyone else ?
>
> This looks to me like *exactly* my problem.

Not to me. Isn't "quietly freezing and dying" much more elegant than
putting up load on your machine for 10 minutes?

> Maybe the realcap kernel module, started with the GID of the audio
> group of which I'm a member, is showing the same trouble?  If so,
> maybe starting jack without the realtime option would solve this?

I suppose you already tried. What gives?
Wolfgang