[ardour-users] exporting tracks?

Kevin Cosgrove kevinc at doink.com
Mon Apr 25 17:11:03 PDT 2005

On 20 April 2005 at 20:50, Kevin Cosgrove <kevinc at doink.com> wrote:

> I just tried to export a stereo track from one of my ardour sessions.
> Export is 44.1kHz stereo WAV.  It looks like it started working at
> least since I do have a file of the right type and name where I told
> ardour to export.  But, my load average is above 8 now, and it's been
> maybe 10 minutes since exporting 5 minutes of track.

In the ardour-users archive from last November I found:

> Greetings:
>
>   When I try to export a session to WAV Ardour quietly freezes and dies.
> Is this happening to anyone else ?
>
>   Ardour CVS Nov 11 2004...
>
> Best,
>
> dp

This looks to me like *exactly* my problem.

Which was followed up by:

> Hi Jan:
>
>   Okay, it works here too, but not when I try it as root.
>
>   I'm happy, now I too can post to the Web songs made with Ardour... :)
>
> Best,
>
> dp

Maybe the realcap kernel module, started with the GID of the audio
group of which I'm a member, is showing the same trouble?  If so,
maybe starting jack without the realtime option would solve this?

Any ideas folks?  I haven't had any responses at all.  This must be
working for everyone else I guess.

Thanks....

--
Kevin