[ardour-users] Setting up a DAW on Mandrake 10.1

Daniel Kloberdanz dqkloberdanz at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 11 16:19:13 PDT 2005

Our project studio is totally frustrated with Windows and has decided to
drop it completely because it and the supported software does not want to
work stable enough with our hardware.  We are using a RME Hammerfall
Multiface and as suggested a Sound Blaster Live for playback.  We have
decided to make the switch to Linux as recommended by RME so that we can
have a stable DAW.  We obtained Mandrake 10.1 and being new to Linux need
help configuring the computer to run the Multiface with Ardour as
recommended by RME.  We have successfully loaded Ardour on to our system but
are having problems finding a correct version of the
jack-audio-connection-kit that will get Ardour running.  What I am looking
for is simply a suggested configuration for our system and OS platform that
will get JACK and Ardour runnig so that we can fully and effectively use the
RME Multiface.