[ardour-users] chunks?

Aaron aamehl at actcom.net.il
Tue Sep 28 14:19:58 PDT 2004

Hi,
I just joined the group and am starting to get the hang of Ardour.
Thanks to the developers for a great program.

I am creating a mix and am trying to do a few things.

1. I want to create copies of selected portions of a singers
performance and use them to accompiany the singer.

I tried using regions but this has quickly become confusing with clutter
of unclearly named regions etc.

I saw the chunks and created a few but when I click insert chunks
nothing happens. What are chunks and how are they used.

Another question was if I must add effect to a track or can I add
effects to an object.

I have a lot of little pieces and it seems a bit of a waste to give them
all seperate tracks inorder to add effects.

Thanks
Aaron