[ardour-users] 9beta19 project import oddity

Josh Karnes jkarnes1 at austin.rr.com
Tue Sep 28 13:50:13 PDT 2004

On projects I made with a previous version of Ardour, once imported into beta19
they have some strangeness.  Some of the tracks (most) have "two" outputs...  a
"1" and a "2".  They have two pan sliders.  Some don't.  What's up with this?

This seems to be related to my problem of everything coming out of only one
side.  When one of my tracks was added to the connections to master (in this
case it was output "bass-1" connected to input "master-1" and output "bass-2"
connected to input "master-2", those being the two mysterious outputs from a
single track called "bass"), then all of the sound only came from the right
side.  If I deleted either "bass-1" from "master-1" or deleted "bass-2" from
"master-2", then sound comes from both speakers (1&2) but I could not hear the
bass track at all.  The track had a compressor (TAP Dynamics) plugin in it, and
I deleted the plugin and re-added it (with cut/paste), and all of the sudden
everything worked as normal....

weird.

not ready to file another bug.  Just want to get to work and not try and repro
this bug.