[ardour-users] Low volume for imported WAV Files

Louis Lam lshoujun at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 16 19:11:49 PDT 2004

Hello All,

I was trying out two things:

1. Import a WAV file that was previously exported by Hydrogen drums, I wanted to put this wav file
into an ardour project and lay tracks along with it

2. Import an existing stereo wav file that I've recorded previously and trying to do mastering

On both cases, the playback volume was very low on ardour as compared to playing it back with
xmms. Didn't Change the alsa mixer settings. I find it difficult to hear and to do mastering.

Is there something I need to do to the imported WAV files to bring up the volume in ardour?

I'm using version 0.9beta11 distributed with DeMuDi 1.2.0-rc3.

Thanks in advance,
Louis Lam