[ardour-users] Re: [ardour-dev] Region names and usage(2nd try)

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Tue Sep 14 18:40:57 PDT 2004

> The key-click combinations are one of the best kept secrets of ardour at
> the moment. I thought there was also one for toggling opacity, but I can't
> find it in the code, so I must be mistaken.

Actually I think they are one of the bigger mistakes. I am often
sitting with a hand on some piece of external equipment, or a hand on
the telephone, and my right hand on the mouse. Requiring that I use
both hands to get a menu is really frustrating. (To me)

Contrast that with the idea that when you are in the routing of a
track and all you do is click one time and the output becomes
disconnected, and I think you have both ends of the scale - too much
work to do your work, and too easy sometimes to undo your work.