[ardour-users] Low volume for imported WAV Files

Chris Bozic cbozic at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 19:39:58 PDT 2004

One unrelated thing you could try (just for fun) is set up hydrogen to
be a jack slave and pipe it's output through jack to a track input on
ardour.  If you do it like that, than you can control the hydrogen
track's volume like any other track while still having the freedom to
change the drum part without having to export to WAV.  Hydrogen will
start playing when you hit play on ardour.  But it doesn't really
matter how you decide to get a drum track into Ardour.  Either by WAV
or by jack slave, you can always use a ladspa amplifier in ardour to
raise the volume of a track that has less than optimal levels.
There's a ton of ladspa effects around that can help you out with bad
levels.

Chris