[ardour-users] Re: Xrun - Aaarrrgghhh!!

andy news4 at earthsong.free-online.co.uk
Mon Sep 13 18:00:01 PDT 2004

On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 23:28:28 +0100, Joe Button wrote:

> This any help?
>
> http://jackit.sourceforge.net/docs/faq.php#a53
>
> Brief summary as I understand it:
>
> 1) Install the realtime-lsm module:
>    http://sourceforge.net/projects/realtime-lsm/
>
> 2) modprobe realtime allcaps=1

I think this isn't quite right - it should be

modprobe realtime allcaps=1 mlock=1 gid=xxx

where xxx is the group id of a group you are a member of (e.g. 'audio')
Otherwise you won't be able to use the realtime module as a normal user.
Also, you have to compile the kernel with the extended security model
enabled.

(Or is it that the module will work for all users unless you've enabled
the extended security, and /then/ you have to add the gid= option?)

--
http://www.niftybits.ukfsn.org/

remove 'n-u-l-l' to email me. html mail or attachments will go in the spam
bin unless notified with [html] or [attachment] in the subject line.