[ardour-users] Xrun - Aaarrrgghhh!!

Joe Button ardour at joebutton.co.uk
Mon Sep 13 15:28:28 PDT 2004

This any help?

http://jackit.sourceforge.net/docs/faq.php#a53

Brief summary as I understand it:

1) Install the realtime-lsm module:
   http://sourceforge.net/projects/realtime-lsm/

2) modprobe realtime allcaps=1

3) See if performance improves if you set the following environment variable:
   LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.19

4) Hopefully that should give adequate performance on a 2.2Ghz machine, but if
   it's still not good enough you could try Ingo Molnar's voluntary preemption
   patch:
   http://people.redhat.com/mingo/voluntary-preempt/

Hope somebody will correct me if I've got it wrong.

Good luck.