[ardour-users] Re: Xrun - Aaarrrgghhh!!

Alexander Franca alexander at edem.g12.br
Tue Sep 14 16:41:06 PDT 2004

Hi all!

Very thanks for help.

I realy don't have time to spend in kernel 2.6.

So... for today I use 2.4.20.

But, I just can use Ardour in my notebook.

The other computer (Atlhon 2.2, 256MB RAM, HD 7200rpm) have all problems
solved (obvious problems):

HD have 55MB/sec of transfer rate.

Kernel is 2.4.20

Patch Low-Latency and /proc/sys/kernel/lowlatency enabled.

BUT, I'm continue with xruns.

I stoped in this "thing".

It's ok for now (but if someone can give me some tip about this problem
at this time... :) )

This e-mail is more to thanks all developers of Ardour.

I'm realy very happy because the record/edition today work fine. I'm very
happy to see in my school one record/edition using Ardour, and it's
possbible because some people do a hard job in development of Ardour.

When I see my name in 'translators' i'm very proud to see my name in this
wonderful work (Ardour).

Don't worry, my english is much better in translation :)  :) One big part
of job was done with Chris Ross.

So... that's it!

Very thanks for big help!
Alexander Franca