[ardour-users] RME Hammerfall 9652

Wolfgang Woehl tito at rumford.de
Sun Sep 12 03:43:17 PDT 2004

Dan Sawyer <dsawyer at blenderwars.com>:

> I can start the HDSP mixer, and play a file in Kaffeine, and see the
> level meters active as the sound is played in the HDSPMixer window
> (the activity is on playback channels 1 and 2, and on output channels
> A11 and A12.
>
> This is where I get stuck.  Obviously the thing is playing, and I
> have the RCA outputs piped into some amplified speakers (have also
> tried routing it into a receiver and mixer with monitor headphones
> via the same cables), but am getting no audible playback.  My
> suspicion is that the audio is not routing out to the proper port,
> but I'm at a loss as to how to route it properly.

The 9652s RCA plugs are SPDIF ins and outs. If that's where you want to
put your audio you have to route Out_1 and Out_2 to SPDIF -- SP.L and
SP.R in hdspmixer: Click on the little black boxes under Out_1 and
Out_2. Selecting SPDIF from the popup list makes faders jump to -inf.
Ctrl-click on the faders sets them to 0.0 -- Setting the fader to
something > -inf activates the route.

If you expected the RCAs to be analog outputs you bought the wrong
card :$

Wolfgang