[ardour-users] HELP!! just clueless building from source

Josh Karnes jkarnes1 at austin.rr.com
Fri Sep 3 18:18:07 PDT 2004

OK,

I installed jack from source and that didn't work.  So I found the jack.pc file
and moved it from /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig to /usr/lib/pkgconfig where all the
other .pc files are, and now it complains that it can't find sndfile!!

GRRR!!!

where can i get source code for sndfile?  am i going to have to reinstall
everything from source?  what a pain!

planet ccrma has what is reported as "source" for libsndfile but it's an rpm and
while you can add it, I have no idea where it put it.