[ardour-users] HELP!! just clueless building from source

Florian Schmidt mista.tapas at gmx.net
Fri Sep 3 16:27:09 PDT 2004

On Fri, 03 Sep 2004 17:41:19 -0500
Josh Karnes <jkarnes1 at austin.rr.com> wrote:

> alright all you build-from-source junkies...
>
> The bug I'm seeing in 0.9beta19 seems to be related to binary
> distribution so I attempted to build it from source.  Problem is it
> won't build and neither will jack_fst or fst, they all think I don't
> have jack installed.
>
> the configure script fails and tells me to add the path to "jack.pc"
> to my "$PKG_CONFIG" environment variable, which is null...

I figure you have jack installed from source. If not, install the
jack-devel package if it exists on your distribution.

If you do have jack installed from source it probably lives in
/usr/local, so it also installed its pkgconfig file there.

export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig

put that in your .bashrc and you should be fine..